Move a card after a connection is made

• 7 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone! I currently use Pipefy for production quality control and I need your help trying to find a workaround for a big issue I have...

I have a pipe for product assemblies and another pipe for all the individual parts (that need to be assembled). In the start form of the assembly pipe, there are connection fields where I connect the cards of the individual parts from the other pipe. My need is that every time a part card is connected to an assembly card, the part card moves to the next phase.

I know Pipefy does not have a native way of creating automations from connections, but I would like to know if you have any ideas of workarounds I could apply to this situation. Today I need to manually move all the part cards when they are assembled and that is a nightmare :(

Thank you!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!
You can take a look at the zapier to make this automation, you can learn more about this tool by reading the articles that the people at Pipefy made, just click on this link: https://help.pipefy.com/pt-BR?q= zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could configure the pipefy automations to do it.

The automation to fill a field of the card B, if the card A its filled with it should do it

Userlevel 2

Hi!
You can take a look at the zapier to make this automation, you can learn more about this tool by reading the articles that the people at Pipefy made, just click on this link: https://help.pipefy.com/pt-BR?q= zapier

Hi Rafael,

I wanted to try something native first, cause I don’t use Zapier yet. Thanks for the tip, though!

You could configure the pipefy automations to do it.

The automation to fill a field of the card B, if the card A its filled with it should do it

Hi Tobias,

The problem in this one is I would need the automation somehow to recognize what is in the field, and not only “if it is filled”. The part cards don’t have a field for the connection, only the assembly ones have. I can’t make it recognize the content of the field in the assembly card, neither recognize there is a connection at all in the part card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How many possible outcomes are in the field? You could creaete any automations as you want. For example, If field Card A its filled with: “123” than fill Card B with:”123”, If field Card A its filled with: “abc” than fill Card B with:”abc”, and than it goes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Or you could create the automation with the API and run it with webhooks

Userlevel 2

How many possible outcomes are in the field? You could creaete any automations as you want. For example, If field Card A its filled with: “123” than fill Card B with:”123”, If field Card A its filled with: “abc” than fill Card B with:”abc”, and than it goes. 

I think that does not apply to my case. The assembly cards are created after the part cards, and when you create the part card you don’t know to which assembly this one will go. The only field that is actually filled is a connection field, which for an automation I will need to actually select cards, not have a written value. And even if I had a written value, all the cards are named numerically, from 1 to infinite, which means I would never have enough automations to make it work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hello Luisa!Did you manage to resolve your question? I believe that using Pipefy's automations is really not possible, you will need an integrator like Zapier or Integromat. Here we have a very similar scenario and we did this automation by Integromat. I can explain to you how we did it, in case you still haven't solved it.