Solved

Automations that need to run on specific dates

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Reviewing Recurring Automations for use with accounting, legal and tax.

I can’t find an option to schedule specific dates with recurring automations (e.g. VAT filing tasks, other tax filings, closing year, etc. etc.) - this seems counter intuitive since there are so many processes that require this.

Am I missing something here or is this not possible currently? 

Thanks for clarification

icon

Best answer by Lais Laudari 8 July 2022, 13:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Keto-Faster, how are you doing?

I totally agree with you. At this point we are lacking these feature you've mentioned and an improvement is needed in order to cover your suggestion.

You can let us your ideas know by clicking on "Submit Idea" on this page.

Thank you for your feedback!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@lais-laudari I’m afraid that’s not what I was asking. That only allows a day of the month to be selected. 

As I mentioned, this does not cover a lot of important use cases for quarterly, yearly events such as filings, VAT submissions etc.

There are two ways to fix this:

1. Add a ‘yearly’ option where we pick yearly dates (I could create 4 automations to cover each quarter if needed this way, so covers all cases) (simplest for you)
  2. Add a “CUSTOM” timing - drop down of interval (day, week, month) and allow us to add the interval (e.g. 2). That would equal every 2 months on the 7th for example. (better longer term - check out how google calendar does this for a good example)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Keto-Faster how are you doing?

If you select the option Every month in How often? You will be able to select a specific day!