Improved notification for unread emails

Currently the best way to be notified when a card receives an email is if you are assigned to that card. However if your process is managed by a team there’s no great way to flag a new email having come in to a card especially when there are many cards. In theory we could use the “when an email is received” automation trigger BUT that requires you select a phase. When a process has many phases this is hugely impractical. Therefore the suggestion is two fold:

1. Short term: Allow the “when an email is received” automation to not require a phase
  2. Long term: Create a way for an entire team to easily identify any unread emails. Maybe a pipe can have an inbox of all the emails any card in the pipe receives? Not sure the best solution but maybe we can share ideas below?

Currently the best way to be notified when a card receives an email is if you are assigned to that card. However if your process is managed by a team there’s no great way to flag a new email having come in to a card especially when there are many cards. In theory we could use the “when an email is received” automation trigger BUT that requires you select a phase. When a process has many phases this is hugely impractical. Therefore the suggestion is two fold:

1. Short term: Allow the “when an email is received” automation to not require a phase
  2. Long term: Create a way for an entire team to easily identify any unread emails. Maybe a pipe can have an inbox of all the emails any card in the pipe receives? Not sure the best solution but maybe we can share ideas below?

Good description, the only way to get visible notifications of new emails in cards its using automations, would be so much easier if a flag could appear in the card when new emails arrives at it. 

I opened the same product feedback some months ago via Suport! 

Good description, the only way to get visible notifications of new emails in cards its using automations, would be so much easier if a flag could appear in the card when new emails arrives at it. 

I opened the same product feedback some months ago via Suport! 

Yes, great idea, I agree some kind of flag on a card would be helpful and the ability to filter by it!

@savicbo @Danilo How important do you consider in-app notifications today? Also, do you think this struggle with notification is something related to high volume processes? 

@savicbo @Danilo How important do you consider in-app notifications today? Also, do you think this struggle with notification is something related to high volume processes? 

For the use cases I’ve seen at our company I don’t think in-app notifications (e.g. the red bell at the top of a page) are very important, mostly because I don’t think it’s possible to customize what we get notifications for and there’s no browser notification. I don’t use the mobile app but I could see it being more useful there. I do absolutely think that with higher-volume pipes or pipes managed by a team the more fine-grained notification settings would be useful. For example if the “custom” email notification settings could be assigned for the in-app notifications that’d be useful.

Hello,

Where is the email notification lol. Please, it’s necessary, I have kick backs with other areas, so when they reply an email would be nice to have it. I do have a high volume processes! Thanks, I hope you develop it soon.