Adding a Field to Multiple Phases at once

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies
Adding a Field to Multiple Phases at once
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I already mentioned in “How to edit your HTML email templates in your favourite HTML Editor” that the tool i wrote, https://github.com/GenieTim/PipefyEnhancer, provides a few different abstractions and added functionality on Pipefy using their GraphQL API. In this post, I will explain one more of the commands it provides: adding a field to multiple phases at once.

Why would I want to do that?

The scenario, why I wrote this command, is, that my client wanted a way to organise the attachments on their pipe. They wanted fields, such as “External Analysis” or “External Invoice”, where they can attach documents. They want to be able to attach these documents at every step in a process, meaning in every phase, while also knowing at which phase they entered the document. The last condition is it, that prohibits a single field in the first phase, that could be edited later in other phases using the left hand side, history, of the card. Please support my idea “Sort Attachments” to reduce the necessity of this tool.

How can I do that?

My command line program is free and open source. You can use it and especially the command to create the fields in the following way:

1. 1. Install NodeJS
  2. 2. Run the command (in your favourite terminal/command line/whatever it is called on your device) to install my tool:
    npm install -g pipefy-enhancer
  3. 3. Acquire your own API Token as described here
  4. 4. Run the command to actually create the fields:
    PipefyEnhancer add-field-to-every-phase TOKEN PIPEID --label=”The field label” --type=”attachment”

Be sure to replace “TOKEN” with the token acquired in step 3, “PIPEID” with the ID of the pipe you want to add the field to, and “The field label” with the actual label you want the field to have.

The command has other options, including other options for the type, description and help of the field, etc. — checkout the documentation to see how to use the command for your use case.

Note: Pipefy is not affiliated in any way with this program and does neither support nor endorse it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Keto-Faster ,

No, my script does do add the fields duplicated. I needed them to be separate, such that they could have different values in different phases; my script simplifies the steps and reduces the required work.

Could you tell me more about your use-case? As just one single field to show up again should not be needed, as you can always come back to it in the left hand side of the card, and modify the field from any phase anyway.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @genietim thanks for this post. 

It’s looking at something I’ve been wondering how to solve in a pipe we’ve set up also.

We have a field that should be available in more than one phase / but not all of them.

Do I understand correctly that with your script you have avoided having duplicate fields in the database - and the fields present in each phase are the same field?

Thanks for clarification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Awesome tips :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@genietim Great info, Tim! 

Congrats on the article!!