Best practices for working with branches in Pipefy.

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am deploying Pipefy in a company that has two branches (with the expectation of opening three more) and I would like all branches to share the same Pipes (to reduce the number of automations and create a global view of the process).

My solution was to create a branch table, where I listed those responsible for each area. With the automations, I linked the responsible person to each card based on the informed branch.

To facilitate the filter by branch, I created another branch field with the label type.

What I couldn't solve:
1) I wish that the users could not see the cards of the other branches (without them needing filters).
2) The restricted view does not solve, as the user needs to see the branch cards, even if he is not marked as responsible.

I would like to know how you have been doing in these cases.

Greetings from Brazil.

Morgana da Rocha 3 years ago

Hey, Lucas!

In Pipefy, the only rule for a user not to see some cards is through a restricted view. All the other options of visualization will allow users to view all the cards in the pipe.

Here we have two options:

1. Create an assignee field with the name “visualization”  to populate the cards through automation with all the team that is part of this related branch - with this model you can use restricted view, but it can pollute the activities for each member;
  2. Or you can keep everyone as a member and enable the option (pipe settings) of only responsible to edit card - but with that, people from one branch will keep seeing the cards from other branches.

Let me know if I could help you!

View original

1 reply

Hey, Lucas!

In Pipefy, the only rule for a user not to see some cards is through a restricted view. All the other options of visualization will allow users to view all the cards in the pipe.

Here we have two options:

1. Create an assignee field with the name “visualization”  to populate the cards through automation with all the team that is part of this related branch - with this model you can use restricted view, but it can pollute the activities for each member;
  2. Or you can keep everyone as a member and enable the option (pipe settings) of only responsible to edit card - but with that, people from one branch will keep seeing the cards from other branches.

Let me know if I could help you!