Accessibility & Pipefy

• 5 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello everyone!

The company I work for (AMI) is all about accessibility, especially in media and technology.

When we started working with Pipefy we did some testing and determined that the public forms aren’t the most accessible for someone using a screen-reader. This is something we’d love to see improve with this tool in the future and I’m curious if other Doers out there would have interest in that for their organizations as well.

Also curious if this is something Pipefy would be interested in working on in the future. Although it’s often assumed that there aren’t that many people who would benefit from making an application more accessible, it can actually have huge benefits and appeal to a much wider audience than you’d imagine. And, from what I hear, sometimes the coding changes that can make a big difference for accessibility are easy to implement. 

For those interested in learning more about web accessibility, this site is a great place to start: https://www.w3.org/WAI/fundamentals/

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

The company I work for (AMI) is all about accessibility, especially in media and technology.

When we started working with Pipefy we did some testing and determined that the public forms aren’t the most accessible for someone using a screen-reader. This is something we’d love to see improve with this tool in the future and I’m curious if other Doers out there would have interest in that for their organizations as well.

Also curious if this is something Pipefy would be interested in working on in the future. Although it’s often assumed that there aren’t that many people who would benefit from making an application more accessible, it can actually have huge benefits and appeal to a much wider audience than you’d imagine. And, from what I hear, sometimes the coding changes that can make a big difference for accessibility are easy to implement. 

For those interested in learning more about web accessibility, this site is a great place to start: https://www.w3.org/WAI/fundamentals/

Hello, Sarah. How are you? 
Sorry for the late reply! We are very interested in this subject, indeed. Our product team is already working on the patternation of our design system and soon our users will be able to see the improvements. 

Thanks a lot for sharing this idea and concern! 

Best, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Raphael. Tudo bem?

I’m glad to hear that the Pipefy Team is interested in accessibility and working on improvements in that area. I’m sure the extra work will be worth it in the end!

If you’d like to speak with anyone from my team regarding web accessibility, please just let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Obrigada!

Sarah