Product Hacks

Product Hacks: Hide Pipes

• 19 June 2020
  • 4 replies
Product Hacks: Hide Pipes
Userlevel 5

Have you ever asked yourself if it’s possible to hide a pipe so other members wouldn’t be able to see that it even exists? Well, that’s possible. 

Here is a step-by-step on how to hide your pipes:

1- Choose a pipe that you would like to hide

2- Access  on it and open the pipe  settings qr1UdpohEfT-wgjzvjd5576E_j8odU0IYjEhLNEjOtsEYFgHpQHXTxKZ7IhbrW7MrOzEtBbOhnd9HBJ6a-7awcFCb-4sQroPuQIsCqwYYgIBe-j0eWzt_iypkfAM5wBGN5bktZua

3- Scroll down to “Permissions” and select the option private pipe and save it.

-Uqw7YighaIX8GpBxSUCiVXdNC8B6zG2lPfb71QkstqCNVB19zk9CK10A2iTRhEwGUOuFHYpNZJJ9l4JOzmSrXll-Z5uSV5Ako4k9lNf4a7zFmtE7Ggjdo7pO8snLIP_t4sMHdhA

4- Click on create a new card , click on the three dots on the top right corner of the form module and go to “Edit the start form”

ZHd4oPM97qQjp8E3_DU6UWYatjZxyd9GOkbr8-wCHKYZi-bmev5o2nbAKySHMpCaZ0RoxHVn_Zn83KxCqkbOzAUB0SDsDxFchkCR7fMF-E-CjgVt-UjJ-dJ0OhmN_r7QQSMVvDhg

5- Scroll all the way down and uncheck the box “Allow all team members to create cards on this pipe”

V6dceBKdLvkvJXd0pUAOF7-4umarecnngpKc0vSYo-ZMrhOgFxtayLdWLeI58UHQLl-LlgNA1s7kZFYt8WdhTK7tcImiFQjy8W7qw90EcxTIBixMS2FVZNRlKm5PXyu3_4LXBMcp

That’s it! Now your process is hidden and no one besides invited members and organization admins can see it. 

Important: having in mind that the process is now private and hidden, you will need to invite members to join the pipe otherwise they will not be able to found it. 

I hope you like it! 

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Keto-Faster , you are correct. This content is outdated. But you can still hide pipes
For that you need to follow the settings below: 

This way, anybody that isn’t included in the process and isn’t a super admin user, will not be able to see this process.

Let me know if you have any questions

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Rica this post seems to be outdated.

I can’t find this option: “Allow all team members to create cards on this pipe”

The edit start form option also moved, so I’m guessing you changed this.

Can you confirm if making a pipe private will hide a pipe from everyone else?

thanks

Mjqqk3i

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How do those two features (“Private Pipe” and “Allow all team members to create cards on this pipe”) interact? Meaning, what happens if one is activated and the other is not?

I can imagine what happens when “Public Pipe” is activated but “Allow all team members to create cards on this pipe” is deactivated: other team members cannot create cards, but they know the pipe exists.

What happens though when I have a “Private Pipe” but “Allow all team members to create cards on this pipe” is activated? Will the pipe be invisible already, but when team members know the pipe URL they will be able to create cards? Does one feature limit the other?