Solved

Is there a wait to get a pipe report via API or save a pipe's information to a table that could be pulled via API?

• 31 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I don’t think it’s possible to directly get a pipe report via API, since I haven’t find anything related in the docs. Anyway, I’d be happy if I’m wrong on that.

However, I can directly pull tables  - from the “database” feature - via API. So a workaround on pulling reports would be to connect the pipe to a table and then pull this table using the API. To be more precise on what I mean to connect pipe and table: create some kind of automation that would, for example, save to a table every cards’ id, title and current phase. Is there a way to do something similar?

icon

Best answer by Lais Laudari 1 February 2022, 19:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @davi96, how are you donig?

You are right! Report download via API is not possible!:confused:
The workaround you suggested should work!:slight_smile:

The automation would work like this: Once a card is created > update a field connected to a database, then you will be able to get through API using this query:

Let me know if I can help you with anyhting else! =)

Userlevel 3

Hi @davi96, how are you donig?

You are right! Report download via API is not possible!:confused:
The workaround you suggested should work!:slight_smile:

The automation would work like this: Once a card is created > update a field connected to a database, then you will be able to get through API using this query:

Let me know if I can help you with anyhting else! =)

Thanks a lot. This will certainly be helpful. Although I’m used to the API, I’m not used to Pipefy’s console features. Could you give me more details on how to connect the pipe to a DB? For context, I’d like to connect card actions on an already existing pipe to a still non-existing table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @davi96, if you want to do all this workaround through API the best way is this one:

mutation to move card > trigger webhook card.move > mutation create table record
> connect o new record to the card > query to get table record.

Are this making sense to get what you want?

Let me know if you need any other information!:blush:

Userlevel 3

@lais-laudari that seems like an awesome way to do it. Thanks a lot!