Solved

Date in wrong format in email

Userlevel 5

I have included a date property in a card and when the card reaches a phase, an email is sent with that date information (dynamic field). Date in the card is in the expected format (DD/MM/YYYY), but date in the email is in a different format (MM/DD/YYYY). How can I change the format in the email?

icon

Best answer by diogo.pessoa 7 November 2022, 14:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks for those informations, seems to works fine now.

I agree that removing languages is a bad thing for users but there must have a good reason that i don’t know 🤷🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@diogo.pessoa well, that somewhat explains why some are having issues. A bit unfortunate for the option to exist only to fail. Also, it is a shame that languages are removed rather than added… I feel like adding more languages would benefit Pipefy very much, in addition to being something that can easily be cheaply out- or even opensourced, i.e., have us, the users, do the translation for free for you.

Userlevel 4

Hey @chrgilles,

This problem happens if you choose FR or RU as an option, these languages are removed. Pay attention to the time zone as well! You must set according to your time zone” If you have any issue with that, just contact support!
Now, it is possible choose:

• EN (date format dd-mm-yyyy) 
  • EN-US (date format mm-dd-yyyy)
  • ES (date format dd-mm-yyyy) 
  • PT-BR (date format dd-mm-yyyy) 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am sorry to hear that. Did you contact support already?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Unfortunately when trying to change the language, each time, i get an issue.
So i cannot change the date format...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@chrgillesI unfortunately cannot confirm, fr is still available for me:

Language settings selection, fr available

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’ve got the same issue. 
Things has changed since this first post and french language is now desactivated.

is there a way to have the right format (DD/MM/YYYY) in the emails ?

(emails are setteled on EN language)
Thanks a lot

Userlevel 5

@Juliana Spinardi and @genietim , how can we do so for public access request form where users do not have Pipefy account ?

Regards,

Avni Bhatt

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have included a date property in a card and when the card reaches a phase, an email is sent with that date information (dynamic field). Date in the card is in the expected format (DD/MM/YYYY), but date in the email is in a different format (MM/DD/YYYY). How can I change the format in the email?

Hello, Ricardo. How are you? 

Can you check the language you are using Pipefy? If it is in English, the days will show MM/DD. Let me know, please! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The format of the date is related to the language you set the E-Mail to be in:

You get different formats, depending on which language you choose.