Question

Email template with unwanted spaces

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Pipefy

I have some e-mail templates that are appearing unwanted spaces between fixed text and fields like this:

In the template looks as is:

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if is there some adjust to fix this.

Could you help me on this please?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is a two-sided problem.

One one hand, Pipefy has (had?) a problem with spaces in E-Mail templates since they updated their E-Mail form. See e.g. here:

But in your case, I believe you have spaces between the placeholders (the fields). You can switch to the HTML view to verify: if the }} and {{ are next to each other without space, everything is fine, otherwise you will have to delete that spaces.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Ezequiel,

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should ask Pipefy Support if they can revert your E-Mail templates back from a backup. If not, you really will have to edit the 90 templates, I fear, and hope it did not happen to me, I did not check. To edit the 90 templates a bit faster, I can suggest to use the following tool:

https://community.pipefy.com/tips-and-inspiration-45/how-to-edit-your-html-email-templates-in-your-favourite-html-editor-929

Then, in your editor, say VS Code, you simply use the find/replace functionality and replace “}} {{“ with “}}{{“ in each template once. That might take ca. 5 s per template and you will be done after few minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Genietim

I got it. But the problem is: I have 90 templates to fix one by one!

I didn’t this issue before the problem (had) mentioned by you, this appeared after that.

Thanks

Try Sigsync(www.sigsync.com) Office 365 email signature, they have different options in their Template gallery or design ourselves using a signature generator. Even I had a spacing issue in the beginning but after using Sigsync, it's easy to handle.

https://www.sigsync.com/