Question

Email template with unwanted spaces

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Pipefy

I have some e-mail templates that are appearing unwanted spaces between fixed text and fields like this:

In the template looks as is:

I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or if is there some adjust to fix this.

Could you help me on this please?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This is a two-sided problem.

One one hand, Pipefy has (had?) a problem with spaces in E-Mail templates since they updated their E-Mail form. See e.g. here:

But in your case, I believe you have spaces between the placeholders (the fields). You can switch to the HTML view to verify: if the }} and {{ are next to each other without space, everything is fine, otherwise you will have to delete that spaces.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Genietim

I got it. But the problem is: I have 90 templates to fix one by one!

I didn’t this issue before the problem (had) mentioned by you, this appeared after that.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Ezequiel,

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should ask Pipefy Support if they can revert your E-Mail templates back from a backup. If not, you really will have to edit the 90 templates, I fear, and hope it did not happen to me, I did not check. To edit the 90 templates a bit faster, I can suggest to use the following tool:

https://community.pipefy.com/tips-and-inspiration-45/how-to-edit-your-html-email-templates-in-your-favourite-html-editor-929

Then, in your editor, say VS Code, you simply use the find/replace functionality and replace “}} {{“ with “}}{{“ in each template once. That might take ca. 5 s per template and you will be done after few minutes.

Try Sigsync(www.sigsync.com) Office 365 email signature, they have different options in their Template gallery or design ourselves using a signature generator. Even I had a spacing issue in the beginning but after using Sigsync, it's easy to handle.

https://www.sigsync.com/