Drag and drop checklist options

The new feature to drag and drop fields on the start form and other phases is amazing!

I’d love to see the same feature in the checklists. 

My team uses checklists as reminders for tasks we have to do. Sometimes these tasks have to be done in a certain order. When a new step is needed, it’s time-consuming to reorder the items on the checklist (we don’t always want the new step to be at the bottom of the list). It would be great if we could drag and drop the options to reorder them. 

Hello, @Sarah Lane, thank you for your feedback!

We just released a nice improvement on the Card checklist (the one you can access on the left side of the card and personalize it for each card), there all items are draggable (and droppable :laughing: ), and you can create as many items and checklists as you need for each card. 

When it comes to the Field type checklist, we still don't have the ability to drag and drop its options, but we might improve upon that as well, I'm forwarding it to my colleagues from the product team here. Thank you again.

Regards,

That’s very cool @Rodrigo Subirá ! Thank you for letting me know. I actually have never used the Card checklist before. It’s good to know that’s there and that all items are drag and droppable :smile:

Thank you for forwarding this to your colleagues as well. I really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

Small follow up question: what is the intended purpose of the Card checklists? We’ve always put our checklists in the phase fields so we have them on the right side of the screen, beside the card info. When would Pipefy recommend we use the Card checklist instead?

Great question! The Field type checklist is recommended if you have always the same steps to follow on that specific phase (or in more phases as well), while the Card checklist is for when you don't necessarily follow always the same steps, and they also don't necessarily happen on a specific phase - it's way more flexible. 

Some examples where I see each one fitting well: 

• Field checklists can be used on audit processes, where you need to make sure everything is checked on, in that order;
  • Card checklists can be used on creative marketing processes, where maybe each job requested will require very different things in not a previously defined order;

Hope it is helpful :wink: ,​​​​​​​

Have a great weekend you too!

Very helpful Rodrigo! Thanks again!

Updated idea status NewSubmitted

Nice article