Add Filter to Pipe & Database Connection Fields

A key issue with connected fields is that you have no way of constraining a user from selecting anything in a pipe or database. In many situations you want to:

1. Pipes: Only allow them to select cards at a stage in a pipe (e.g. DONE)
  2. Database: Only allow them to select where a Field = certain value (e.g. a category value)

This will make pipefy a lot more scalable for higher volume use cases. Otherwise the user has to do a lot of thinking and searching through many entries. I don’t believe there is any hack around this right now that makes sense. 

This is also very typical/ standard functionality elsewhere. So I was surprised not to find it given that in general pipefy is more flexible than other similar platforms.

One hack I thought of was creating multiple databases instead of one (e.g. one database by category) - however that makes it a lot more complicated/ less well organized.

I’ve seen this requested/ discussed in other areas of the community - example here:

Hi @Keto-Faster, how is it going?

Yes, I agree with you and I could say we are preparing some improvements on the filter aspects. Connected cards/records needs to be more flexible to be selected as you mentioned.

I'm going to submit this idea to our product backlog. 😉

Thanks and regards,

Rodrigo Leite

Product Manager

Updated idea statusNewSubmitted

Here’s another question about this in the community - this is the #1 feature that would enable us to scale our usage of pipefy across the company by making databases/ pipes more accessible:

@Rodrigo Leite awesome - look forward to see updates related to filtering.

I believe this idea posted elsewhere in portuguese may be the same as this one: 

I am in my trial period and I can't believe that a platform that has such great features fails in something so basic, one of the main features of your product and the reason why I fell in love at first sight is the data standardization.

An essential part of data standardization is data categorization, in my use case, I need to have a database of products and my customers have to choose them. Each customer has a different set of products, which in turn are divided into categories.

Then I have a categorization by type of companies, etc. 

But just the fact that after choosing a contact, I have to search among hundreds of companies, of which I don't necessarily have to know the name... when I have previously connected them through a database, is an absolute nonsense.

With all my respect and admiration for the excellent work you have done, I feel that I have arrived at the most luxurious resort in the world where they have forgotten to put beds.

@proyectohidra I totally agreed with you!

Great suggestion