Reporting a Bug: Field Conditionals do not trigger when the API updates a Field

Field conditionals are triggered whenever a user updates a field at the user interface. This ensures that when a user enters a value, Pipefy checks the “field conditionals” to determine whether any actions need to be taken based on the Conditional Rules.

Great.

However, when we update a field via the API, Field Conditionals are not triggered.

This is either a known bug or a product limitation and desperately needs addressing.

Thanks

Update: This issue was fixed yesterday but unfortunately it isn’t working again.

Huh, what a strange bug. Hopefully they fix it consistently for once!

@genietim that doesn’t sound good. What’s your experience of getting issues reported and resolved?

It varies greatly, @mark-theotcentre . There are issues that they fix very fast, e.g. when links in E-Mail templates to attachments were not working, and others like the date picker only working correctly in a few time-zones that are open since more than a year. I guess it is all about setting priorities. This one sounds to me like one that they would fix fast, as it is critical...

Have you sent a report to support@pipefy.com ?

@genietim yes reported to support twice yesterday (via Pipefy Support Chat). The reason for posting here is my experience with Pipefy Support on Chat is terrible. The responses I got we’re ‘let me check that for you’ and then they disappeared - both times.

Desperately hoping their team have some kind of eye on these forums ...

@mark-theotcentre they do have an eye on these forums, but I would highly recommend support@pipefy.com, it is quite nice, they more or less always follow up, though of course not as fast as they do in the chat. The forum here is not as reliable in terms of getting the attention of the right people at Pipefy.

Hi guys, hope you are good!
The best way to report some issue to our support team is through the chat inside the plataform as is the mainly channel to support our users. The email is not  the best way as there is no immediate follow-up and the message could be lost.

@mark-theotcentre Are you still facing this issue?  I’m checking this issue and I will be back to you soon!

Hello, I believe this issue was taken care of by the suggestion given in this other post, right? 

For the idea of updating the options of the drop-down dynamically via the API, I'm submitting it to our team, so they can consider on further improvements, thanks @mark-theotcentre !

NewSubmitted

Hi guys, hope you are good!
The best way to report some issue to our support team is through the chat inside the plataform as is the mainly channel to support our users. The email is not  the best way as there is no immediate follow-up and the message could be lost.

@mark-theotcentre Are you still facing this issue?  I’m checking this issue and I will be back to you soon!

@Lais Laudari Hi Lais, thanks for poking this. Yes the issue is still alive unfortunately. Field Conditionals do not trigger when a field is updated via the API. THis is a major issue for organisations using the API. Really need this fixed asap before we can go into production with our workflow

@mark-theotcentre I just confirm that its a bug and it has already been forwarded to the development team to be fixed as soon as possible.

@mark-theotcentre I just confirm that its a bug and it has already been forwarded to the development team to be fixed as soon as possible.

@Lais Laudari Great, I think! But how do we get visibility on;

1. what priority cases like this have
  2. when they are allocated for work

@mark-theotcentre you can follow up by requesting updates through chat, with the support team. Just mention the ID related to the bug!😀

@Lais Laudari thanks for DMing the ID to me, much appreciated. I've never been given a case ID for any issue or help request I've placed with Pipefy either via chat or email

Hi @mark-theotcentre  I found your chat here with us and am sending you the ID of this bug in this chat. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will talk to the support team about the need to always provide the BUG ID when it is mentioned.