Skip to main content

Add Filter to Pipe & Database Connection Fields

A key issue with connected fields is that you have no way of constraining a user from selecting anything in a pipe or database. In many situations you want to:

1. Pipes: Only allow them to select cards at a stage in a pipe (e.g. DONE)
  2. Database: Only allow them to select where a Field = certain value (e.g. a category value)

This will make pipefy a lot more scalable for higher volume use cases. Otherwise the user has to do a lot of thinking and searching through many entries. I don’t believe there is any hack around this right now that makes sense. 

This is also very typical/ standard functionality elsewhere. So I was surprised not to find it given that in general pipefy is more flexible than other similar platforms.

One hack I thought of was creating multiple databases instead of one (e.g. one database by category) - however that makes it a lot more complicated/ less well organized.

I’ve seen this requested/ discussed in other areas of the community - example here:

Hi @Keto-Faster, how is it going?

Yes, I agree with you and I could say we are preparing some improvements on the filter aspects. Connected cards/records needs to be more flexible to be selected as you mentioned.

I'm going to submit this idea to our product backlog. 😉

Thanks and regards,

Rodrigo Leite

Product Manager

Updated idea statusNew→Submitted

Here’s another question about this in the community - this is the #1 feature that would enable us to scale our usage of pipefy across the company by making databases/ pipes more accessible:

@Rodrigo Leite awesome - look forward to see updates related to filtering.

I believe this idea posted elsewhere in portuguese may be the same as this one: 

I am in my trial period and I can't believe that a platform that has such great features fails in something so basic, one of the main features of your product and the reason why I fell in love at first sight is the data standardization.

An essential part of data standardization is data categorization, in my use case, I need to have a database of products and my customers have to choose them. Each customer has a different set of products, which in turn are divided into categories.

Then I have a categorization by type of companies, etc. 

But just the fact that after choosing a contact, I have to search among hundreds of companies, of which I don't necessarily have to know the name... when I have previously connected them through a database, is an absolute nonsense.

With all my respect and admiration for the excellent work you have done, I feel that I have arrived at the most luxurious resort in the world where they have forgotten to put beds.

@proyectohidra I totally agreed with you!

Great suggestion

Is there any news about this suggestion?

Is there any workaround to do something like this?

To add a filter to the Pipe and Database Connection fields, first navigate to the settings or configuration menu where you manage these fields. Look for an option labeled "Filters for today egg rate" or something similar. Once located, select the option to add a new filter. Define the filter criteria based on the specific attributes or conditions you want to apply, such as field names, data types, or specific values. After configuring the filter, apply and save your changes to ensure they take effect. Testing the system afterward will help verify that the filter is functioning correctly and refine it as needed. This process will enhance your ability to manage and sort data effectively within your application.

Anyone know where to find this point in the official documentation?

I am in my trial period and I can't believe that a platform that has such great features fails in something so basic, one of the main features of your product and the reason why I fell in love at first sight is the data standardization.

An essential part of data standardization is data categorization, in my use case, I need to have a database of products and my customers have to choose them Skirtings R Us. Each customer has a different set of products, which in turn are divided into categories.

Then I have a categorization by type of companies, etc. 

But just the fact that after choosing a contact, I have to search among hundreds of companies, of which I don't necessarily have to know the name... when I have previously connected them through a database, is an absolute nonsense.

With all my respect and admiration for the excellent work you have done, I feel that I have arrived at the most luxurious resort in the world where they have forgotten to put beds.

A key issue with connected fields is the inability to constrain user selections in a pipe or database. For example:

• Pipes: Restrict selections to cards at a specific stage (e.g., DONE).
  • Database: Restrict selections where a field equals a certain value (e.g., category).

Implementing these constraints would make Pipefy more scalable and user-friendly, reducing the need for users to search through many entries. This functionality is standard in other platforms and would enhance Pipefy's flexibility. A workaround is creating multiple databases by category, but this complicates organization.

@Rodrigo Leite Alguma atualização?

Eu até dei a mesma ideia um tempo atrás, ainda bem que tem uma bem desenvolvida aqui, alguma atualização sobre essa feature?