Automation Fill Field With Connection of Connection

This is something that actually used to be possible (I still have automations where it works!) but I cannot set it up anymore for whatever reasons, I just cannot select the appropriate fields when setting up the automation.

Example Scenario:

• I have a pipe with “Projects”, with a connection to “Clients”
  • Frequently, there are repeating projects. In this case, rather than entering everything again, the users can use the start form field “Clone Project”, which is a connection field to “Projects” itself
  • When users use this “Clone Project” field when creating a card, an automation is run that fills in all fields in the new card with the values from the card set in the “Clone Project” card. It used to be that this automation could also be used to set the “Client” on the card to the Client in the card this card was cloned from; however, this is not possible currently, and is the idea I herewith submit to show that this feature was helpful and used.

This is something that actually used to be possible (I still have automations where it works!) but I cannot set it up anymore for whatever reasons, I just cannot select the appropriate fields when setting up the automation.

Example Scenario:

• I have a pipe with “Projects”, with a connection to “Clients”
  • Frequently, there are repeating projects. In this case, rather than entering everything again, the users can use the start form field “Clone Project”, which is a connection field to “Projects” itself
  • When users use this “Clone Project” field when creating a card, an automation is run that fills in all fields in the new card with the values from the card set in the “Clone Project” card. It used to be that this automation could also be used to set the “Client” on the card to the Client in the card this card was cloned from; however, this is not possible currently, and is the idea I herewith submit to show that this feature was helpful and used.

Great idea!

Hey @genietim , how are you? Do you mean like this?

When a field is updated, create a connected card, where one of the fields on Start form that will be filled is form the type connection? Or is it something else you are trying to achieve?

Hi @Rodrigo Subirá 

No, not really; say, you have a

Pipe “Orders” with fields:

• client (connection to client database), let’s call it client1
  • copy order (connection to “Orders” pipe), let’s call it copy1
    • → here, you will also get the fields “client” (let’s call it client2) and “copy order”

Then, I want (had) an automation, with trigger on update of the “copy order” field, set the value of the “client” field to the client which is connected to the connected “copy order”.

In other words: set client1 to client2 when copy1 is updated.

Hey @genietim, we reviewed it in our tests and it apparently is not being allowed indeed.

We will submit this feedbacks for further analysis here! Thanks for reporting this!

NewSubmitted