Solved

API creates card with wrong title

• 8 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • New Participant
  • 1 reply

I am trying to create a new card through the API, but it creates a new card with a wrong title.

Example request I sent through postman. As you can see, the created card has the title “Value 2”, which is one of the field attributes and not the desired title “New cardee”

icon

Best answer by genietim 16 September 2023, 08:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi!
Try checking your start form options inside your pipe.

Maybe your configuration for “card title” is set to be the field “slack_ts” just like mine is “Nome da unidade”

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi!

Maybe your configuration for “card title” is set to be the field “slack_ts” just like mine is “Nome da unidade”

Hi!

`Slack ts` is in fact set the default card title. However, I don’t want it to be. And I am required to set one of the fields as the card title.

At the moment, the only solution I found out was to create a new card (with the wrong title) and then sent another request to the graphql API updating the title

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi!

Hi!

`Slack ts` is in fact set the default card title. However, I don’t want it to be. And I am required to set one of the fields as the card title.

At the moment, the only solution I found out was to create a new card (with the wrong title) and then sent another request to the graphql API updating the title

What if you create a new field only to receive your title?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As long as you have a field set, I believe Pipefy will update your title to that field’s content; I too would recommend to choose either one of these two solutions:

• add a new field, “card title”, which you set to be the field for the card title in the pipe settings. Then, you can simply use pipefy’s automations to update the value of “card title” field to the currently set field under condition, e.g., that it is not the title you set by API or similar
  • use a separate GraphQL query to update the title after creation of the card