Solved

Moving child card

• 7 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there no way to create an automation where the movement of a parent card triggers the movement of a child card? It sems like a such a logical feature to have, but I can´t find it on Pipefy

icon

Best answer by Lais Laudari 7 August 2023, 16:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi

There is no this automation native speaking.  It’s required use the Workato or Intgromat integration.

I wish good luck

Userlevel 7

Hi @johnnymxp!

As @Ezequiel Souza mentioned is not available natively. You can register this idea to our product team here.

With automation it is possible to perform the movement of only the parent from the child. For a possible workaround for the opposite to be done, you would have to recreate this inverse relationship as well. That is, make the child card the parent of the parent. 

To do this you can create a connection field between pipes in your child's pipe, where you would search for the parent card to create this inverse relationship and then follow with the native automation of Pipefy.

You also can perform this automation via zapier, as said, and insert a filter so that the move happens only when the card is moved to a specific phase. See the example below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This would be a very good function, I advise you to give this idea @johnnymxp 

Badge

Hi @Lais Laudari Are you able to explain better how to recreate this inverse relationship?

As child and the parent card is already created on their specific pipes and the connection between the pipes is already done. I dont know a way to recreate this inverse relationship.

Userlevel 7

Hi @marcus-calzavara!

I think this article can help you: https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/6272578-set-up-an-automation-action#h_4a488f22aa

But if you still have any doubt, please let me know!

Badge

Pipefy primarily relies on a card-based system where each card represents a task or process. However, the direct automation of moving a child card based on the movement of a parent card may not be a built-in feature in Pipefy.

However, Pipefy does offer some automation capabilities through its integration with Zapier. Zapier allows you to create custom workflows between different apps, including Pipefy. While Zapier may provide some level of automation, the specific functionalities and triggers are dependent on what is supported by both Pipefy and Zapier.

Here's a general idea of how you might approach this with Zapier:

1. Trigger:

• Use a trigger event in Pipefy, such as a card being moved to a certain phase.
  2. Action:

• Set up an action in Zapier to perform a task when the trigger occurs. This action could include moving a child card in response to the parent card's movement.