Solved

Send Email from form data

• 24 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a public form that allows users to submit a request to our pipeline. I would love to be able for the automation to trigger an email when the card was submited but SEND TO the email address that they input into the form.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

icon

Best answer by julia-pinheiro 24 June 2022, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi

You can create a database with all emails (if you know your users) or  request the email in the form.

After that you create an email template and use the automation When the card is created to send the email.

Good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Adam,

Do you mean the email they input in a start form field or in the request tracker option?

If it’s in a start form field, you can configurate it in the email template.

Here’s an article that may help you: https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/4378163-create-edit-and-send-email-templates

Userlevel 1

Hmmm… after watching that video @julia-pinheiro  I realize I might have just encountered a bug. In the email template creation window, when I click the + symbol to add a “to email” the button is disabled. It seems I can not use the card data for any of the fields besides the body of the email?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @adam-t-jaggers!

You’re right, this issue exists and our support team is working on it.

Here’s a workaround for it: try clicking on the bottom right corner of the + symbol.  As shown below: