Solved

Updating Start Form After It's Submitted

• 1 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Looking for some help from the community on how to handle this process in Pipefy:

We have an onboarding pipe. Sometimes managers will complete the public start form before they know what the name of the new hire is or their start date i.e. they know they’re hiring a new Technician, but haven’t selected the person yet. 

We have questions that allow them to submit the start form without providing the name and start date of the new hire. However, we want them to be able to update us with the name and start date once those pieces of information are known. 

Currently, we just ask the manager to email us when they know that information and we manually update the card with that data.

I’m trying to find a way for the managers to be able to submit another form - an update form - that will then connect to the original onboarding card so that the data is combined. 

I’m assuming I’ll need to use connections and possibly automations too, but I can’t quite figure out how to make this work. 

Any recommendations? What’s the best practice for using another start form to update information on an existing card?

icon

Best answer by Lucas Democh 17 December 2020, 12:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sarah Lane !

Did you try to use "initial values"?

Maybe you can configure another public form to get these other informations not available in the first moment.

You can use the data from the first card created to fill some fields from the second public form and configure an automation to integrate the information of different cards or something like that.

I think this could help you if there is a pattern in which information is available in the first moment and which information is available after a while.

You can create am email template to send a link (from the secondary public form) to managers requesting them to complete the form. 

We are using this feature to get informations from different people about the same "process".

You can read more here: https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/4396848-how-to-use-initial-values-on-a-public-form

Hope I’ve helped you! :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Looking for some help from the community on how to handle this process in Pipefy:

We have an onboarding pipe. Sometimes managers will complete the public start form before they know what the name of the new hire is or their start date i.e. they know they’re hiring a new Technician, but haven’t selected the person yet. 

We have questions that allow them to submit the start form without providing the name and start date of the new hire. However, we want them to be able to update us with the name and start date once those pieces of information are known. 

Currently, we just ask the manager to email us when they know that information and we manually update the card with that data.

I’m trying to find a way for the managers to be able to submit another form - an update form - that will then connect to the original onboarding card so that the data is combined. 

I’m assuming I’ll need to use connections and possibly automations too, but I can’t quite figure out how to make this work. 

Any recommendations? What’s the best practice for using another start form to update information on an existing card?

Hi Sarah … We currently don't have such a thing as an `update form`. Although, we are working on a deliverable that might be just what you need in this specific application. Can I forward your message to our product team so that they can reach out to you and better understand your needs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @Eduardo Kano that sounds very promising! I’m going to read the article about initial values now and see if it would work for us.

And yes @Raphael Costa , please forward it to the production team. I’d love to hear more about this deliverable you’re working on that might help.

Thank you both!

Tenha uma ótima dia!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Sarah,I have some similar situations and use the following solution:

1) When the initial form is filled out, I send an email to the person responsible for supplementing the information in the future.

2) In this email I place a link for a Typeform pre-filled with the card ID generated in step 1.

3) When the responsible person fills in the information on the form, I use Integromat (The best integrator that exists at the moment) to create an event.

4) In this event, Typeform data is transferred to the card and in some cases, I even move the phase card.

Within the standard Pipefy options, I don't know if there is a function that can help you.

If you want more details, you can contact me here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow! Thank you @Lucas Democh ! That sounds very promising and quite straight-forward too. I’ll have to look into Typeform and Integromat to see if my organization would be able to use those as well.