News

New improved email messaging 📩

• 14 September 2020
  • 18 replies
New improved email messaging 📩
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, doer!

We from the Product Team have been working hard to improve your email messaging experience. Starting in September 21st, you will be able to:

• Customize the entire email, from the subject to the signature, with dynamic fields that pull information from your cards (like card ID, URL, title, email, username)

• Use the automation triggers you already know and love - like card created, card moved, updated field, recurring activity - to send automatic emails based on templates

• Create and edit email templates both in the email builder or directly in the automation page

• Send email templates manually form your cards and make whatever changes you want

For more information, please check out this full article describing what chances for you.

This will help you not only to save tons of time but will also make your communication with customers, employees and vendors more personalized and assertive. 

IMPORTANT ⚠️: But this is a major change that can affect automation jobs and current email templates, so I recommend that you take some time to get familiar with the changes to understand how to adapt your processes to this new configuration.

Let me know if there are any questions and have a wonderful week!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great news. :grinning:

Being able to edit the templates when sent manually will be very useful in my billing process and in several other customer Pipes.

@Janaina_Barreto @michel.novofoco @Cauli Vidal look at this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great improvement, @Raphael Costa 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A huge and welcome improvement! :grin: Congrats to entire Product Team! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A huge and welcome improvement! :grin: Congrats to entire Product Team! 

Our team will demonstrate more about it! Do not miss the 4º Meetup next week! Register here, Eduuuu!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah! It is a big improvement! Congrats to entire Product Team! :heart_eyes:

@erickgouveia e @thaiannelourenco We will be able to update our models :slight_smile:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Very good as changes in interfaces and usability. :ballot_box_with_check:

But I feel that we "lost" the option of sending templates automatically per phase.

Now I need to use automations to send, which is not necessary before, so I end up using more automations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @anaafk. Thank you so much for your feedback, it is extremely valuable.

Our product team is aware of this issue. I can guarantee we are still discussing what can we do to give all users the best experience regarding our new and improved email templates, without compromising many rules. In case you have a Customer Success Manager, you can always talk to them in order to make necessary arrangements. If you don't, we are always happy to help in the support chat. :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Doers! Now you can build email templates in a much easier and faster way.

Check out some of the improvements we have made:

• Apply up to 100 dynamic fields per template;
  • Use a high level of customization in the new editor;
  • Set different automation triggers with no need to code anything. 

All configurations can be set in a single screen with no need to create phases to send emails. Also, you can visualize and edit templates directly in the new email builder. It’s time to leave HTML settings behind!For now, the changes won’t affect the templates that you created before.

However, in six months the old email features will stop working. Take your time to learn about our new email capabilities and feel free to talk to our Support Team or in our community about any questions or suggestions you may have. 

Click here to learn all about the improvements :envelope_with_arrow:

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Userlevel 3

Appreciate the need for this, and the new interface does look very good. However, this is breaking multiple things that are already set up. We would really need a working transition period for things like this in the future. For example, we had carefully assigned email templates to specific phases in pipes, but now they all just show up in every phase when you try to create a new email from a template. More seriously, our file attachment links are no longer working from template emails. We had this highly integrated in our operational work and it is very disruptive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @mgdwyer, how are you doing today?

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are very excited with this feature and I hope you like it just as much as we do.

The new email automation were released yesterday but the old ones are still working. They are going to keep working until users have the time to migrate everything.

So, don’t worry, all of your previous configurations involving email templates will work normally until you decide to migrate them to the automations page. Afterward, you’ll edit email templates as automation. :blush::kissing_heart:  

If you have any problems or questions concerning the new email templates, let us know, okay? If you prefer, we are always available to help in the chat. :hugging:  

Userlevel 3

Thanks, looks like these issues are resolved now.

Userlevel 5

I found it much easier to configure the email template, the codes generated by the dynamic field previously left me very confused, and I always had to correct something.

However, something that makes me extremely unhappy and that I explained even to a manager of my account was that this was a move by the platform to monetize the email's sending.

I have 95 emails configured in the old scenario, and besides having all the work to move to the new model, this will consume me a lot of automation and consequently increase my plan ($$$$$$$$$$)

The manager herself UNKNOWN the information of that the time of the old settings is only six months. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 4
Badge

I found it much easier to configure the email template, the codes generated by the dynamic field previously left me very confused, and I always had to correct something.

However, something that makes me extremely unhappy and that I explained even to a manager of my account was that this was a move by the platform to monetize the email's sending.

I have 95 emails configured in the old scenario, and besides having all the work to move to the new model, this will consume me a lot of automation and consequently increase my plan ($$$$$$$$$$)

The manager herself UNKNOWN the information of that the time of the old settings is only six months. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We are in this same dilemma!

New email template feature is very good initiative and it is much easier !!!

However worried about already created email templates as there will be a complete migration post 6 months. And now every time we need to create automations for each templates which seems to be time consuming task. It would be great if we have a duplicate option for automations and option to choose different pipes for same email templates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

See ya HTML TAG, welcome New Email Template!!!!

Userlevel 2

Agree 100%, I’m also communicating with them regarding the issues. I understand the the reason behind the new idea but please please please communicate with your customers when a price change is going to happen. Time is money and we are losing money when have to go back, migrate and setup new automations, re plan for the future along with budget adjustments. I really do hope the new feature they are hinting about fixes all of these problems.  

Userlevel 5

@kpinedo I agree with you.

Userlevel 2

Hello, 

I am so happy with the new way of making templates, its so much easier then before and now i can explain the  email related activities to my cowokers with no worries. 

But, i am having problems puttin imagens in the template with the new button, is there a new configuration? I am doing the same size as before but it just doesnt appear.

Thank you!