Solved

Synchronize card's field with this fixed field

Userlevel 4
Badge

Can someone help me understand the purpose of the “Synchronize card's field with this fixed field” capability on fields like Assignee, Label, Due Date?

Perhaps someone can suggest some real-world use cases which would help me see how/why.

Also, what direction is sync? eg;

• if an assignee field is set, does this update the Assignee field on the Card
  • if the Assignee field on the card is set, does this update Assignee fields on Phases?

THanks for any help

icon

Best answer by marcosmelo 5 May 2024, 17:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @mark-theotcentre 

On the label field editing screen, there is an option called "Synchronize card fields with this fixed field", or if this option is enabled, replace the value of the label field that is on the card, with the value of the label field of that phase.

That's why automation replaces the card sticker value.

Synchronized field activated

Synchronized field disabled

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

More about the subject

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @marcosmelo 

Thanks for replying to this post.

I’m sorry I don’t quite understand this setting “Synchronize card fields with this fixed field” for the Assignee field. For example, when I disable “Synchronize card fields with this fixed field” on an Assignee field, the Card’s Assignee is still inherited from the Assignee Field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @mark-theotcentre 

Yes, in the field, but in the card header, what was defined in the phase will be entered, for example.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @marcosmelo , thanks for bearing with me whilst I try to understand this better.

TO be clear, we have two Assignee fields:

1. The Assignee field in the card header
  2. An Assignee field in a Phase

If I set “Synchronize card fields with this fixed field” (on the Phase field) to ON then I don’t see any difference in behaviour when I also set it to OFF?

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @mark-theotcentre 

In the test I carried out, those responsible are removed or added according to the activation status of the fixed field. If you are noticing any abnormalities in this feature, I advise you to check with support. they will analyze your area on Pipefy.