Solved

Automation moving parent card twice

• 7 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I have an automation that moves the parent card to DONE whenever the child card (in another pipe) is moved to DONE. 
This is the automation (as simple as it gets)  

But for some reason and somehow, whenever the child card is moved to DONE, the parent card is moved TWICE do DONE (how is that even possible? no idea) 

It’s not a big deal, but I have another automation that sends a Slack notification when the parent card is moved to done, and this makes this automation send the message twice - which is quite annoying

What could be causing this? I don’t know what I am doing wrong! 

icon

Best answer by Ezequiel Souza 7 March 2024, 13:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Gabriel

You don’t need the automation in the parent Pipe, because when de card is connected to the child and this is moved to Done, automatically the “father” is moved as well.

The automation must be done in child.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3

Not sure I understood. 

So I don’t need the automation I showed before? 
Because the cards are related, whenever the child card is moved to the final phase, the parent will also (by definition) be moved to its final phase?!

All I need to do is delete the automation I printed before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The answers:
Because the cards are related, whenever the child card is moved to the final phase, the parent will also (by definition) be moved to its final phase?!

Yes. All connected cards (father-child), when the child is moved the father is moved as well. It’s means that you don’t need any automation in the Father Pipe to move the card. The automation is required just in the child Pipe.

All I need to do is delete the automation I printed before?

Just remove the automation in the father Pipe “automation that moves the parent”

Good luck

Userlevel 3

thank yoou :)