Solved

Portals

• 4 December 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 5
Why do some pipes in a portal open in the same window and others open in a new window?
icon

Best answer by sistemas-lehit 5 December 2023, 16:57

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @sistemas-lehit!
Can you share more details about it, please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@sistemas-lehit this could be something related with your browser settings or the way that you open the link in Pipe Portal, there is no configuration to change the way of opening Pipes forms in portals. Thay always open at the same way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello, @sistemas-lehit
I did a test here on two portals I have. I left one portal as Private and another portal as Public or With access to the link.
In the private portal, the pipe opens in another window, while the pipe in the public portal or with access to the link opens in the same window.
I don't know if these are standard Pipefy opening forms or if it is an error in the configuration on the platform.

But in the tests I carried out the cause was this between private and public portals.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello, @sistemas-lehit
I did a test here on two portals I have. I left one portal as Private and another portal as Public or With access to the link.
In the private portal, the pipe opens in another window, while the pipe in the public portal or with access to the link opens in the same window.
I don't know if these are standard Pipefy opening forms or if it is an error in the configuration on the platform.

But in the tests I carried out the cause was this between private and public portals.

​​​​@Lais Laudari 
Is this normal behavior on Pipefy portals?

Userlevel 7

Yes, it's expected!
A public form within a private portal works just like that, it opens on a different page due to the data being sent.
Since a public form doesn't send user data, we changed the opening strategy because the requesters' information was sent as a "pipe bot".
A private form works in the same way, i.e. the behavior for company Portals (private) is the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Tks, @Lais Laudari !

Userlevel 5
Main Portal
Pipe 1
Pipe 3
​​​​​

Hello everyone, if you look at the images of the portal, you can see that pipe 3 opens differently (in another window) unlike pipe 1, how can I open them all in the same way as pipe 1?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @sistemas-lehit 

When editing the portals, could you check which of them are configured as private or public, please?

Userlevel 5

hi @marcosmelo all portals have the same configuration, i checked all of them one by one

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @sistemas-lehit 

The screenshots you sent are with the permission of Pipes. To check portal permissions, do the following:

On the pipefy home dashboard, scroll to the portals section and click on the 3 dots of the portal you want to check and click on edit portal

On the left side of the portal settings panel, check how the permissions for each portal are configured

In the private portal, the pipe opens in another window, while the pipe in the public portal or with access to the link opens in the same window. And as @Lais Laudari  reported, this is expected behavior within Pipefy

Userlevel 5

@marcosmelo i made it but now all portals opens in a new windows as pipe 3 hahaha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, now you must choose the option that suits you best.

Remembering that the public portal (which opens in the same window) is available to everyone inside and outside your organization and the private portal (which opens in different windows) will only be available to members of your organization.

Userlevel 5

every portal and pipe is mark as a public and have que same configuration, i don't know why only one pipe opens y another window

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Clear your browser cache and redo the test. If it still persists, I suggest you contact Pipefy support.

Userlevel 5

@marcosmelo 

Hello, I solved it, I just went to the pipe and disabled request tracking and now the portal is fully working and all pipes opens in the same window

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Great, @sistemas-lehit thanks for sharing the solution!