Solved

Pre-filled Public Forms

• 19 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

Currently there’s now way how a public form can be already pre-filled when people are accessing it trough a public link, even if there are connections between pipes/databases. But wouldn’t it be possible to at least have a template for that form, so that people wouldn’t need to start from scratch? Sometimes it happens that people need to create cards with very similar information - it would really help if there could be a saved pre-filled template for those cases.

icon

Best answer by marcos.pedrosa 20 December 2022, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hey there, @Ramon Nolasco
Hope you are doing alright. 

I believe you can use the initial values for your scenario. The initial values allow you to fix information, extracted from any connected card, on a public form. It's possible to make a card visible for external users without requiring any interaction.

A detailed video about this topic, can be found here:
https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/4396848-how-to-use-initial-values-on-a-public-form

Another setting that might help you, it to activate the “allow autofill based on previous submissions” in your public form.

Please let me know if this helps, alright? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Ramon Nolasco
Hope you are doing alright. 

I believe you can use the initial values for your scenario. The initial values allow you to fix information, extracted from any connected card, on a public form. It's possible to make a card visible for external users without requiring any interaction.

A detailed video about this topic, can be found here:
https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/4396848-how-to-use-initial-values-on-a-public-form

Another setting that might help you, it to activate the “allow autofill based on previous submissions” in your public form.

Please let me know if this helps, alright? 😀

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@vicente-lemes thank you for your feedback! Could you please explain how does the autofill based on previous submissions work?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Sure. @Ramon Nolasco  :)

Whenever you have this option enabled and as soon as the information is sent, the user will be prompted with the option to submit a new response:

When doing so, the form will appear and what was last sent will be pre pre- filled in the form, where user can update only the fields needed and send it again, creating a new card. 

Does that help?