New User Type

Within a project, a need arose for a user profile that has a restricted view of the cards that it is marked as responsible and, at the same time, cannot edit any field on the card and perform an action such as sending an email or moving the card.

It is a mixture of the VIEW ONLY and RESTRICTED VIEW profiles that currently exist.

If the user can just read the card they are responsible for and comment. It would be perfect!

Thanks @Lucas Democh and @Aline Paula for your suggestions! 

I want to submit this to our product team, however, before I do that, would love to hear a bit more about this use case. 

Lucas or Aline, can you elaborate a little bit more on this scenario?

1. Who is this person within your process? 
  2. Which are their main responsibilities?
  3. Why are they responsible for the card, but can’t edit any field?

This will help us a lot! Thank you very much!

Hi @Diehl 

This demand was made based on the following situation:

The company manages a high volume of requests on Pipefy and those people who would have this profile are the people who initiated the request/requestor.

The option to track Pipefy requests does not work for several reasons. Some of them:
- The follow link expires very fast;
- Each person who would access Pipe with this profile would have several processes/requests and would only need to see the status of each one of them, without being able to edit or take any action within Pipefy;
- Within the same Pipe, there are requests from several different people and each requester cannot see the requests of the others for different reasons, but mainly because of the LGPD;
- Difficult follow-up by email. The person requesting the demand needs access to view the current status of all their requests in a simpler way.

I remain at your disposal for further clarification.

Thanks for clarifying, @Lucas Democh. That is really great to hear. We are currently working in two features that I believe will be very helpful for you. 

We will have a new user type, called "External Guest" - where admins will be able to invite people to their organization, but only to create and track requests. Those guests will have a login on Pipefy and within that they will be able to create new requests and follow the status of those requests - therefore the link won't expire. 

We are planning to release this on Beta soon, if you are interested I can send you a message when it is available for tests! 

Thanks

Updated idea statusNewSubmitted

Updated idea statusSubmittedIn Progress

@Diehl I'm interested in testing it when possible.

Perfect, @Lucas Democh ! I will contact you when is ready!

It would help a lot

Hi @Lucas Democh, @Aline Paula  and @tsartori , a while ago, we have launched those new user roles, where the user don't need to be inside the pipe to create a request and to follow it inside the organization! Sorry, I forgot to update you here! 

But, I would like to follow up with you and see if you were able to use it or not, if you have any feedbacks! 

In case you want to learn more how to use, here is an article about it: https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/6167924-managing-guest-users

Looking forward to hear your feedbacks!