Solved

API consumption count

• 18 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does anyone know how Pipefy's API consumption is counted?

They're wanting to sell me an additional consumption package, but the team that wants to sell me doesn't know where I'm consuming.

From my counts, I'm making around 2-3K API calls per month.

According to the Pipefy team report, we are doing 15 K. They can't explain.

icon

Best answer by denise-hipolito 19 May 2023, 15:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Lucas Democh!
I think these articles will help you to understand it, but if you still have any doubt, please, let me know!😉

https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/5580799-how-to-use-pipefy-s-api

https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/5419654-what-to-do-when-reaching-your-automation-integration-or-api-limit

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Lais Laudari

Thanks for sending the links.

Actually I would like to know how the API usage is counted.

I understand what an API call is, but I wanted to know what an API call is for Pipefy, since the traditional concepts don't seem to match (difference between my calculation and the Pipefy team's calculation).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Lucas Democh 

We had the same doubt. But on contacting our account manager, we were told that there was no report that showed the details.
We received this response in December 2022.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That's sad to hear @marcosmelo 

Pipefy has become the most expensive automation tool on the market (highest cost per automation job) and an absurd cost of API usage and doesn't bother to provide the slightest bit of transparency.

The feeling I have is that I'm being charged for something I'm not using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Lucas Democh and @marcosmelo I asked to our support team clarify this points for us so we can have more details about this issue. They will bring it soon in this post!😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Tks, @Lais Laudari 

Userlevel 5

Hi @Lucas Democh , how are you?

Each call on the /Graphql endpoint is counted as API call. The request can be either a mutation or a query.

1 request = 1 api call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@denise-hipolito 

Thanks for the reply.

My team will do another audit to try to reach the same number reported by the Pipefy team.

At first, the paginations seem to be being counted to arrive at the number we are being charged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @denise-hipolito 
Is it possible to know in which pipes these calls are being consumed?