Solved

Creating Card Checklist via the API

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’ve been reviewing the API to see how to work with Card Checklists. Based on documentation there, I’m not sure where they are available.

Two questions on this:

Appreciate any thoughts or experience on doing this. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Marcos Carvalho 24 May 2022, 15:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

hey there @Keto-Faster, I’m Marcos from Pipefy Engineering Team. 

In order to to list all fields and its values in a Card you can use this query below, where you can input the card ID and retrieve any information from any field inside it. 

{
card(id: $cardId) {
fields {
field {
type
}
value
}
}
}

For more information about the Card query, you can check this reference https://developers.pipefy.com/reference/cards

About the checklist fields, if you want to create a new field to be in a specific phase but not fill its value yet,  you can use the mutation createPhaseField which allows you to create new fields.

mutation {
createPhaseField(input: {phase_id: $phaseID, type: "checklist_horizontal", label: "Checklist", options: ["a", "b", "c"]}) {
clientMutationId
}
}

But if you want to insert values in existent field you can use the mutations updateCardField (that you mentioned) or updateFieldsValues. 

Here some examples: 

mutation {
updateCardField(input: {card_id: 123456, field_id: "checklist_horizontal", new_value: "a"}) {
clientMutationId
success
}
}

mutation {
updateFieldsValues(input: {nodeId: 123456, values: {fieldId: "checklist_vertical", value: "a"}}) {
clientMutationId
}
}

For more information about fields, you can check this reference: https://developers.pipefy.com/reference/fields

Hope it helps you 😀 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Marcos Carvalho thanks so much for your notes here. Very helpful.

One clarification.

Specifically I wanted to check that “Card Checklists” vs. “Field Checklists” are accessible.

Reviewing the documentation on Card Object - it only shows the “title” below as updatable, so I’m not clear on this.

Is update used to add fields at card level? e.g. attachments, card checklists, comments, fields (i.e. start form fields) etc.

Specific Question
How can I add a “card checklist” via mutation similar to the one below:

Does the above make sense? Let me know if I haven’t made clear anything what I’m trying to achieve/ understand, so I can add more clarity.

Thanks again for your help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

hey @Keto-Faster , 

I got it 😊

In the updateCard mutation, you can update some more attributes than the title as you can see below:

you can check this option in GraphiQL: https://app.pipefy.com/graphiql

But about the Card Checklists, unfortunately is not possible to update or create new card checklists through our API, only Checklist Fields are available. 

I’ll communicate this limitation to our product team. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Marcos Carvalho thanks so much for the clear feedback on this.

Exactly what I needed.

I’ll look for an alternative solution to the card checklists.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Marcos Carvalho is there any feedback on Card Checklists in API yet? Has this been implemented?