Skip to main content
Solved

Move Card to New Phase - mandated fields

• 1 July 2024
  • 2 replies

We’re using the Pipefy API to move a card to a “Cancelled” Phase when an external event occurs.

The issue we face is that the API bombs out with a runtime error when there are incomplete mandatory fields on the cards current phase. 

I’m trying to come up with a way to manage this particular situation.

One solution, in theory, could be for the API to set the value of a particular field on the Start Form to signal field conditionals (on all phases) to hide all fields. That would work, except there’s an established bug in Pipefy which means that field conditionals are not triggered when a field is updated via the API. They only trigger when a field is updated via the user interface. (A bug I reported more than 12 months ago!).

Any suggestions very much appreciated

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hello, Mark! I hope you're doing well. I understand how frustrating this situation can be and I wish I could offer an alternative solution, but unfortunately there's no way around this problem. As for prioritizing the bug, it actually follows the process I mentioned earlier in the support chat. I'm happy to help with any other questions or needs you may have.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Leonardo, thanks for the reply. This is a different bug to the discussion we had recently. There are two significant bugs concerning field conditionals which I reported over 12 months ago.