Solved

Parallel Flows

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4

Requirement

There are many circumstances where a Card needs to flow into several Phases at the same time so that the card can be worked on by multiple people at the same time for different purposes. There are also circumstances where parallel flows need to operate dynamically based on field conditions (see my separate post here 

Problem

Currently Pipefy Flows are linear so a card must exit one Phase before it can be worked on in another. Business Flows/Processes don’t operate like this in reality, linear processes cause delays, sometimes huge delays!

Solution

Allow Parallel Flow creation

icon

Best answer by marcosmelo 9 April 2024, 16:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, @mark-theotcentre 

You can connect pipes and do automations so that, for example, a field in one pipe is filled with a specific value, updating another pipe.

Connect pipes to databases
Boost your process! Use Pipefy connections to easily share and access information across teams.

https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/619209-connect-pipes-to-databases

Does it help?

Userlevel 4

Hi @marcosmelo thanks!

Kind of helps but it sometimes makes sense, conceptually, to have parallel phases within a Pipe rather than breaking out into parallel pipes. It would make Pipe design, implementation and maintenance eaasier.

Incidentally, we use Database Connections and Pipe Connections using the Connect field on a particular Phase, but we’ve never created a connection on a whole Pipe - can you help me understand the difference (I read the article link you posted for me but I don’t quite get the difference between a connect field on created on a phase and a connection created on a whole pipe?)

THanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, parallel phases would help a lot, and I hope the pipefy team pays attention to this
As for creating a database connection with forms.
In the case of connecting to the entire pipe process in question, when you create the connection, it will be available in the Card header at any stage of your process, in the example below, I created a connection to an employee database.

see that after saving the connection it will be available in the drop-down menu

and whenever you open any card at any stage, you can insert information from this database by clicking on it and choosing the necessary record

In the case of creating a field connected to a database, it will only be available in the phase/form in which you define it. which can be in the initial form or in the phase settings, see:

Initial Form

Select the database connection field and define the parameters

When opening the initial form, the field will be there

Or you can create this connection just for a specific phase

See:

So, in summary
You can create a connection that can be shown at all stages, through the card's drop-down menu, or, you can create a database connection that will only be shown in the initial form, or, you can create a connection that can only be shown in a certain phase

I hope I was able to help you