Pipefy for Purchase: How can the requestor know the status of their requests without resorting to the team?

• 20 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi, community! 🖐🏼

I'm Ian, one of the copywriters here at Pipefy.

I wrote an article about our request tracker features aimed at Purchasing Processes. You can read it in our Help Center or check it below. I hope it helps and if you have any feedback, let me know! :) 

Estimated reading time: 4 minutes

Purchasing processes always involve different stakeholders, such as requesters, buyers, and approvers, who need to be aware of the status of requests and know when the services will be contracted or products will be delivered. A lack of visibility causes questions and uncertainties regarding the status of each purchase — which can eventually lead to lost time and poor traceability.

To avoid this, it's ideal to centralize all information in a single source of truth and ensure that data is at the fingertips of whoever needs it. With Pipefy, concerned parties exchange information in a protected and authenticated environment, with total control over who can access it. Also, Pipefy provides an easy experience to track request statuses.

Different types of access in Pipefy

Before we start, we need to talk about different types of permissions in Pipefy. The first point to take into account is that employees do not need to be paying users to access Pipefy and submit their requests — they can be company guests and use the platform for free.

Company guests are free users who use Pipefy only to open requests in different processes. In this case, employees who open purchase orders.

📌 If a company guest creates a pipe (a new process), their permission level will be upgraded automatically to company member. Therefore, the account will be charged. If you wish, you can block the creation of new pipes by company guests. By default, this option is enabled when you invite new users.

Besides opening requests and letting people track them, you can guarantee data security, as the information can only be accessed within Pipefy itself.

How to add employees as company guests

To invite employees from your company to Pipefy, you must be an admin member. Click the Members button, located in the upper right corner of the Pipefy home screen, outside of the pipes. Then, click Invite members.

oS9A8IZ1pra0ewoBP6GaBS4anFdkeSRJ911w0jB-Z2ADou2y9JkQG_1lr7N4LG4U_tFKlZF8oPVaiWpJ8tL5xMNGh0OaOiv6DlIubUdIiEufsrdSi_Ej-3Ps4KuXTByPehEakfYPQd_wuXOV2w

Type the email of the desired people and click Add. Then, select the permission level of employees as Company Guests. Here you can also select the forms these people will have access to, so select Purchasing Process. Finally, click on Invite.

oWRVpRTDdX8wtGLKlfauZKm8Bkxe8Hhmzvlwueoe7wAXou4dNsdxAC57YMYQexMiMmoiI1x_rblc6E_66j59qXGmK-mB1mKGRrx-U3bFWQOZoc7tYBk2Ht6N3CzXis1Y4JR3Ny7Z_ZPChNcNSg

Finally, all employees will receive a confirmation email. From now on, they can open requests within Pipefy for free and track their requests, as we will detail below.

How employees can check the status of their requests

Once employees are invited company members on Pipefy, they can open their purchase requests. To do so, they just need to click on the Portals button, located in the upper left corner of the home screen, and select the desired form.

bL8mnhkZqW33t7QWrSoX3wP_avLTdTl3P2qgg75PjFlbcUrU-iXLxLApZR_sadyz8jzsHjjQjgN4sUe3PHZFJ21QpUZ5o12GEdHbdHVp8HJ98vCy022vCs1n42KjLn4i_eVV6cX3wXbjYI6RBA

Once a person submits a request, they can follow its progress through the Requests button, located in the upper left corner of the Pipefy home screen. However, the pipe admin must enable the request tracking in the form so employees can track the order status; otherwise, they cannot be viewed.

On this page, employees can view a list of all requests they’ve created before, organized by date with the pipe's name in which they were created. It is possible to check information such as the phase of the request, when it was last updated, and even send messages to the buyer responsible for the demand.

iXKyAMcVQ8Co87vixLtK5HFUnWgUPXetEea7B7RIp3YyBtyN19yMPF3zgHNSEdDa7-KJmaJmzQmKXBTfwpwHZGnpoFerzjsN6HNPvKdUFkZERTMSfYTSx2OYcwbKuUGmD7xX9F9QSIAk6GmMoA

Just click on each card to open it and check order details, including all the original data filled in when submitting the request. To contact the Procurement team, simply type a message in the text field and click Send.

4GgBHw55GXCWUGCLUjjhKVAWAn5-75cqH5QpPIPvfK7uBJ9jrEHzoZgDYJkW8M-TL4kFJrcKSgKBHpqSlCn8FKTUWhuZKjmNK5ikWoAYlaMyUeo_q5Ev64LeZags1JsX3qWVvD4ONKNQQ4l3JA

The employee will receive the message by email and they can open the card again in the Requests area if they want to communicate with the team again.

This way, it is easy to know which phase each request is in. There is no need to constantly contact the Purchase team through different channels, such as email, phone, Slack, and Microsoft Teams, for an update which guarantees a truly centralized operation without bottlenecks.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We have the request tracking option active for our “requestors” but because some of them have multiple requests pending at one time, is there a way to add on the summary list page of their requests the supplier name for each card? Some have to click thru multiple cards to find the item they want to view so it would be helpful to have more than their name, the form name and the date they submitted. Is it possible to add the Supplier Name field that we use in our Pipe Intake Form? 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

👏👏👏👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes, I read through that which is why I am asking the question. Some of my requestors have multiple cards and they asked if there was a way to know from that summary page which card belongs to which supplier so they don’t have to open each card. Is there a way to add the supplier name field to the card in that summary page that lists all their requests? 

Hi, @Terri Hemphill! My name is Fernanda, I'm a Global Product Trainer here at Pipefy. Currently there's no way to add other subtitles to the cards in our Requests page, the only visible information that can be used in a search is the title, the current phase and the date of the last update. But this has been added as a product feedback and hopefully we'll launch a simpler solution soon! Until then, there are two possible solutions:

• Add the Supplier Name information to the title of the card. You can either add the Supplier Name to the field that is currently the card title, or change the title to the Supplier Name field. You can read this article on Pipe Settings to understand more.
  • Add phases for each possible Supplier Name option. In that case, the card would have to be in the Supplier Name phase for it to be searchable in the Requests page, so when the request finds itself in another phase of the process, it wouldn’t be a solution anymore. 

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for submitting this suggestion, it'll be taken into account for our Product Roadmap as a necessary improvement!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you.