Make PDF available to restricted view members!!!

Many of our employees are “restricted view” members since they only need to see information on cards that are assigned to them.

The problem is that Pipefy hides the “PDF” button from “restricted view” members so they are unable to produce a PDF utilizing fields from their cards.  This is a major drag on our organization.  

Ken morris

@kenmorris Hi Ken, thx for your feedback. Could you please share more info w/ me about your use case and why restricted view users should access PDFs? Thx!

Updated idea status NewSubmitted

Hi Raphael

At a certain phase in our process we need our restricted view sales reps to be able to pull up a PDF (populated with Pipefy field information from previous phases) of our sales agreement to have customer review and sign (they are in person in front of customer).  If PDF was available to them then they could simply do on their phones/ tablets.

Since PDF is not available to them right now we are required to integrate (using Zapier etc) with a third party signature apps (like SignNow, Esignatures...) that require the contract to be emailed or texted to clients to sign.  It makes it complicated, requires that client have a smart phone with them, demands network connectivity, and doesn’t work as efficiently. As admin I have access to PDF so I’m not sure why restricted view reps don’t have access (what is Pipefy’s reason for not allowing them access to PDF feature?)

Ken

@kenmorris Thx for the clarification. I'll make sure to share your feedback w/ our team. The reason why restrict view users are not allowed to visualize PDF templates is that because we want to limit the access from restricted view users to certain stages of the process. Having access to PDF templates would eventually give restricted view users visibility of data they are not supposed to view. It is a security concern…. But again, I'll make sure to share your feedback internally.  

Hi Raphael

I’m not aware of any field data that our restricted view members are blocked from seeing??

And wouldn’t this just be the same data that we can use to populate a PDF??

Maybe I’m missing something but can you give me an example?

Ken

@kenmorris What I mean by that is that restricted view users are only allowed to view/edit cards that they created or that were assigned to them. Taking that into consideration, we decided to not make the first version of pdf templates visible to restricted view users since there would be many exceptions. I get your point and I see this being a pain in some cases. 

Since they can only see their cards they can only push the PDF button on their cards and can only populate the PDF with data from their cards.  By not allowing them to have PDF you are not protecting any information that they don’t already have access too!  It’s just causing them not to be able to display it on a PDF!!!

@kenmorris Thx for your feedback again Ken. I'll take this to our team for further analysis 🙂 Once I have an update about it I'll make sure to reach out. 

Thanks Raphael!

Ken