F.A.Q.

5 steps to implement Pipefy successfully

• 9 July 2020
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
  • Customer Marketing & Education
  • 3 replies

Pipefy is the tool to improve process management within your company or department. If you're reading this document, you're likely to be the “change-maker” in your environment. This guide was made especially for you, envisioning your empowerment to be able to make the best use of Pipefy for your needs.

After helping more than 900 companies to implement Pipefy, we gathered in 5 fundamental initial steps to have a successful use of our tool to achieve your goals.

1. 🗺️ Plan

2. 📖🔨 Learn by doing

3. 🔎 Validate your process

4. ✏️ Train your team

5. 🚀 Go live

1. 🗺️ Plan

It's a proven fact that planning is a crucial step in an Implementation project. It can be more accessible or a little more complicated depending on the maturity of your process - how long it's been running; if you already have data and metrics to make analysis, if the phases are well defined and other factors. You can check Pipefy's Business Process Assessment for more information.

Get started on planning by asking yourself these questions:

• What is my process?

What's my input? And the main output?

What is the essential information for my process?

What are my current bottlenecks?

• What is my main goal?

Reduce lead time;

Centralize information;

Measure and improve the process' efficiency.

• What are my ideal KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)?

Lead time;

Number of requests finalized;

Requests managed according to the SLA (Service Level Agreement).

• What are my deadlines?

When do I need to have the process up and running?

When do I have to schedule a team training session?

How much time do I have available to work on modeling my process?

• Who else is involved in this process?

Is there anybody who needs to make approvals?

Who else will be using Pipefy regularly?

Are there any other people who won't be Pipefy users, but they provide the process with inputs or receive the outputs?

Do I need to integrate Pipefy with other software?

The answers to these questions will help you to plan Pipefy's implementation with more visibility and targeted in the right direction.

2. 📖🔨 Learn by doing

Now it's clear where to go and what you want to achieve. It's time to dig deeper into the possibilities you have with Pipefy.

There are a few tips based on what we have already worked with customers:

• Hands-on! Playing around and getting to know the software is the most efficient way of learning;

• Attend our self-paced online Process Management Certification program and empower yourself to level up your Pipefy game;

• Check our Template Store and find customizable pre-designed templates for your departments, such as Finance, Marketing, Customer Service, Human Resources, IT, to name a few;

• While working on our tool, you can always check the Help Sidebar by clicking on the "help" icon on your screen's left bottom corner. There you'll find contextualized content for the specific page and feature you're working on;

• You might also visit our Help Center to check the most frequent questions, videos, and articles;

• Watch our live and on-demand Webinars produced by our process management experts;

• And last but not least, become a part of our Community to share, learn, and get inspired by other users.

3. 🔎 Validate your process

Validating your process means testing it before you start running to make sure everything is in place. Think about your initial goal, and begin creating test requests, going through each phase and step of the process.

1. Fill out the start form and create a card putting yourself on your requester shoes. Is the information clear? Are there any fields that need to have a description or help text?

2. First, validate if you can move cards to the right phases (moving it back or forward, according to your needs). Move the card from the next phases filling out all the necessary information, just like you would when managing a request, ensuring that the right fields and information are set.

3. If you have used Advanced features, such as Automations, Connections, and Email Templates, make sure to try them out as well.

4. If other members from your team will use Pipefy, ask them to go through the same process to be able to provide you with feedback and make adjustments if needed. Pipefy also allows you to differentiate member’s actions based on their permissions - read this article to find more details about it.

5. You may set up the Reports as well to guarantee you have all the information you need to track KPIs and measure your success!

Pro tip: create these “fake” requests based on real information from requests you've already received and managed, in this way, the validation process becomes closer to reality, and it's easier to spot if there's any missing piece. After the tests are finished, don’t forget to delete these cards so they won’t count for your metrics!

4. ✏️ Train your team

It doesn't matter if your team has one or one hundred people, it's essential that all of them feel comfortable using the new solution and also understand Pipefy's main benefits. People are usually resistant to changes when they're used to work in a certain way, for example, with other software, spreadsheets, or sheets of paper. Since they are the ones that make the process happen, they need to understand how to use it and how their work routine will be improved!

Check here the best practices on how to engage your team with Pipefy. You'll find the steps for successful team training and also an editable material you can use to present how to manage your process on Pipefy. To boost your workflow management even more, take a look at these tips and share them with your team!

5. 🚀 Go live

It's time!

After having your team trained and other stakeholders are aware of the new requests, it will be sent through a new channel - when using Portals or Public Forms, for example, it's time to go live. This is a very important part, so make sure you pay attention to your team's procedures. it requires attention and follows up with the team's procedure. From now on you can track your process's progress and your team's metrics using Reports (find here how to set your Reports).

You'll have full visibility of the phases and activities, as well as the SLAs and due dates you select for your requests, so you won't miss any deadlines.

Keep in mind that it's not over! Measuring and improving your process will always be necessary to keep it optimized and attending your customer's and company's needs. Check here the best practices to measure your process and find bottlenecks to quickly implement improvements. You'll see your process up and running like never before!

Following these steps, more than 900 companies have successfully implemented Pipefy and your company can be the next one!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!