🤖 What are APIs?

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies
🤖 What are APIs?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hey everyone! Bel from Pipefy's Dev Rel team here. We've recently had some great pieces of content produced by our engineering team members and I'm here today to share one of them with you. Here's a sneak peek of this very informative piece by @Marcos Carvalho:

To begin with, we’d like to make it clear that this article is intended for those who are new to programming and are interested in starting to know more about APIs. If you’re already a developer and you’re searching for in-depth content Pipefy API documentations, please go to https://developers.pipefy.com

You’ve probably seen these letters in websites, blogs and applications and have wondered what they mean, right? If you’re new to the term, don’t worry, after a couple of minutes of reading you’ll understand more about it.

APIs are not exclusive to the internet world, they’ve always been used in software development, including your computer’s operational system, for example.

Have you ever thought about these three letters: A – P – I?

Together they form an acronym that stands for Application Programming Interface.

Got it? 😃 Maybe not yet… And that’s ok, we’re still warming up!

Want to read it all? Click here to access the full article. Also feel free to let us know what you'd like to learn about APIs next here in the Community! Have a great day!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for this! Very helpful! I’m not a programmer and I’ve never really understood what people meant when they talked about APIs. Good info to have!

I have developed in the past and Apis are toolkits used to deeply customize or cretae completly new functionalities in a determined application in this case pipefy i will take a look at them and see what can be done usually they are very limited . So they wont be a huge headache for techsupport guys