Read-Receipt in Pipefy E-Mails

Pipefy’s E-Mail features are nice and getting better every day. There is one I would like to request:

a confirmation whether the receipient has read the E-Mail. There is already the checkmark to show that an E-Mail has been sent successfully (see also: https://community.pipefy.com/ask-the-community-43/what-does-the-e-mail-delivered-checkmark-actually-mean-954), but not yet one to indicate the actual receival/reading of the E-Mail.

In theory, an implementation would work by using a hidden or 1x1 px tracking image, or similar, e.g. the pipefy logo in the footer or whatever. This image would be loaded by the E-Mail program when the user opens the E-Mail and therewith confirm to the server serving the image that the E-Mail is read/received.

This can already be implemented using 3rd party solutions resp. the GraphQL API, with the disadvantage, that when the E-Mail is looked at in Pipefy (on the left hand side of the card, in the section “E-Mail”), the Mail would be marked as read even though it is just read by the Pipefy Users. That’s why it would have to be done by Pipefy itself.

In any case, disadvantages occur from receipients who have (a) images deactivated, or (b) HTML E-Mail deactivated altogether, in their E-Mail client. This would have to be communicated to the user of this feature.

Thank you, @genietim, for this feedback. :nerd:

I am the Messaging (includes Email) product manager and I can assure you that this topic has already been raised by other customers/users and that it is already part of our backlog. 

best regards, 

Giovanni

Updated idea status NewSubmitted
Updated idea status SubmittedIn Progress
Updated idea status In ProgressUnder Consideration

What is the status of this feature? It has been now 2 years “under consideration”. I think this would radically improve the quality of life when using Pipefy for campaigning. This would save a lot of headache in processes where conversion is key. This functionality could also include tracking of links, e.g. if the recipient did click on some of the links on the email. With this information the user could decide on what to do next, e.g. if they should find an alternative point of contact, try different ways of outreaching or ignore the prospect.

Great sugestion!