Solved

Hiding fields on public form? Create card button?

• 18 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, is there a way to hide fields on the create card/public form? We are changing card creation to happen through another UI via API, and I was hoping that I could change the form to have only a dynamic field with the URL for the alternative UI to redirect requests.

icon

Best answer by jorden-monroe 10 January 2024, 16:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi pipefy, you can disregard this ask, or answer for someone else in the future but I figured it out. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just for reference if someone else searches for this; do you mind sharing your solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jorden-monroe  can you share with the community how you got the answer? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi pipefy, you can disregard this ask, or answer for someone else in the future but I figured it out. Thanks

👏👏👏

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, sorry about the delay. Sure. Using field conditionals, you can hide all fields internal and public form by finding a condition that is always true. For example, let's say we have a drop down field named “Select Category”. We define the condition as follows:

If

Select Category → Is blank

and

Select Category → Is present

Then

Show → Dynamic field where we placed our redirect URL

and 

Hide → All other fields (This is a pre-set option in Pipefy, you don’t need to do this for all fields individually)

Keep in mind this conditional will also hide all fields for cards created in Pipefy using the alternative UI that creates cards via API. To get fields to show up you must add additional field conditionals AFTER the field conditional I just outlined above, choosing a condition that always applies to the cards created via API. In my case I added the conditional: 

If

Created by →Equal to → Service Prod (where “Service Prod” is listed as “Created By” for all cards through the API)

Then

Show → Fields of your choice

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, sorry about the delay. Sure. Using field conditionals, you can hide all fields internal and public form by finding a condition that is always true. For example, let's say we have a drop down field named “Select Category”. We define the condition as follows:

If

and

Then

Show → Dynamic field where we placed our redirect URL

and 

Hide → All other fields (This is a pre-set option in Pipefy, you don’t need to do this for all fields individually)

Keep in mind this conditional will also hide all fields for cards created in Pipefy using the alternative UI that creates cards via API. To get fields to show up you must add additional field conditionals AFTER the field conditional I just outlined above, choosing a condition that always applies to the cards created via API. In my case I added the conditional: 

If

Created by →Equal to → Service Prod (where “Service Prod” is listed as “Created By” for all cards through the API)

Then

Show → Fields of your choice

Correction the first condition should’ve been

If

OR