PDF Generator - Dynamic Contect Auto Populated numbers

I am trying to use the PDF generator to create packing list for customers to sign when they pickup their order.  This way my employee’s can just print a packing list instead of having to have access to accounting software.  But in doing this the document would need to have a unique number that can be referenced when I bill the customer later on.

1- Auto Populated numbers are not an option to add from a card to a PDF - Is there a workaround or can it be added?

2- Images that are in a card as an attachment JPEG can it be added to PDF’s through the generator?

Thanks! 

Hi, @Ace3838 

In your case, adding the card ID and attachments to the PDF would be necessary.
Unfortunately, the PDF generator doesn't support the following fields: connections, attachments, checklists, or card IDs

You can check more info about the PDF generator capabilities in this article: https://help.pipefy.com/en/articles/2414717-create-pdf-templates

I will submit your need to the product team. Thanks for sharing.

NewSubmitted

nice article

1. Auto Populated numbers in PDF Generator: If the PDF generator does not have a built-in feature for auto-populated numbers, you may need to explore some workarounds to achieve your goal. One potential solution is to use a combination of Zapier or Integromat (automation platforms) and a spreadsheet tool like Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.

Here's how it could work: a. Set up a spreadsheet with a column to generate unique numbers (e.g., using a formula like "CONCATENATE" or "COUNTA" to create a unique identifier for each packing list). b. Whenever a new packing list is needed, have your employee trigger the process by filling in the required information in a card or form. c. Use Zapier or Integromat to watch for new entries in the card or form, and upon detection, automatically generate a new entry in the spreadsheet with a unique number. d. The PDF generator can then access the spreadsheet and pull the unique number to include it in the packing list.

1. Images in Card Attachments to PDF: If the PDF generator does not directly support adding images from card attachments, you might need to use an intermediary step. You can try the following approach: a. When your employee creates the packing list card, ensure that the relevant image is attached to the card as a JPEG. b. Set up an automation with Zapier or Integromat to monitor for new card attachments on a particular list or label. c. When an attachment is detected, automatically save the attached JPEG image to a cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3. d. In your PDF generation process, include the image URL from the cloud storage service to insert the image into the PDF.

Remember that the feasibility of these workarounds may depend on the specific tools and integrations available to you. Always ensure data security and privacy when working with automation tools and sensitive customer information.

Update-

I figured out a work around for some of this.  I created an email template with 90% of the info besides the attached picture. Emails templates allow for more dynamic fields than the PDF creator.  I have an automation that once triggered sends my email template to an email account I set up.  I then go to the cards email section, open the email and print the actual email.  

Thanks for sharing