Fields Custom Data Validation

Currently, we are struggling to automate emails and pdf generation due to the fact that Pipefy itself won’t enforce data validation such as “only allow uppercase letters”. Which causes the data to not be standartized and therefore we either need someone to re-check and correct all inputs, or try a different approach and decentralize the process using other apps to either collect the data already validated or to treat the data before sending.

I think our most common needs are

• only allow uppercase letters
  • reject special characters
  • spell out numbers (Example: Write out “15” as “Fifteen”)
  • custom regular expressions to validate specific document formats than CPF/CNPJ

Hey @Nithael Sampaio , that’s a great idea. Right now, custom validation (using Regex) is supported in short text fields but only in the database. Can you give us more examples of fields you’d like to be able to create custom validations for? Thanks for sharing!

Hi @belsalemme, thanks for the reply :smile:

I think expanding that capability from databases to pipe text fields and implementing common data validation usages from other software such as excel would bring much more power to the pipefy platform.

There a few situations where I’m not sure if Regex would be enough to create a validation, one of them is “enforce user to select a date in the next X days from today”

Other uses that I have in mind are to limit the number of characters in a text field or to check if a numeric field is between Y and Z

If the implementation of formula fields is successful and it allows text and date manipulation, being able to use that to validate data being inserted would open a whole new range of possibilities.

Nice article

Hi @belsalemme, thanks for the reply :smile:

I think expanding that capability from databases to pipe text fields and implementing common data validation usages from other software such as excel would bring much more power to the pipefy platform, check https://mobilunity.com/blog/how-to-find-developers-in-ukraine/.

There a few situations where I’m not sure if Regex would be enough to create a validation, one of them is “enforce user to select a date in the next X days from today”

Other uses that I have in mind are to limit the number of characters in a text field or to check if a numeric field is between Y and Z

If the implementation of formula fields is successful and it allows text and date manipulation, being able to use that to validate data being inserted would open a whole new range of possibilities.

Thanks a lot for information, was searching for it!