Solved

Automation is not running

• 27 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

I configured an automation 'move cards' and it's not working. Do you know what is happening?

icon

Best answer by Felipe Scholz 27 May 2020, 23:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

John, 

When setting up automation with the 'move card' or 'move parent card' events, there are a couple of steps we should verify to ensure the automation will work as expected. Here are the most common errors in move card/move parent card automation: 

Unfilled mandatory fields

If the card that should be moved has any unfilled mandatory fields at the time the automation is triggered, it won't be able to move the card. To troubleshoot and make sure that's what's keeping the card from being moved, try moving the card manually. The error message will indicate whether there's an unfilled mandatory field.

Advanced connections options

If the card you're trying to move has a connection to one or more pipes (and connected cards), these advanced options below may prevent your cards from being automatically moved as well. To troubleshoot and make sure that's what's keeping the card from being moved, try moving the card manually.  The error message will indicate whether there's a condition related to a connected card.

For more information, please check out this article. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey John, we use automation extensively in our pipes and are actually very pleased with their performance. That said they are very ‘picky’ so the issue is likely configuration-related. Can you show us the automation configuration that is failing and an example card that failed to move automatically? 

Userlevel 3

@savicbo I have a good example :) So, in my first phase of the process I had a mandatory "Add comments" field (long text field) that was displayed for users only in specific cases using conditionals. Therefore, if users didn't fill out the mandatory field manually (and we were trying to fully automate this stage) the cards wouldn't be moved forward. So, we decided to delete that field and have a lean process instead. I hope that was helpful :) 

Userlevel 4

John, 

When setting up automation with the 'move card' or 'move parent card' events, there are a couple of steps we should verify to ensure the automation will work as expected. Here are the most common errors in move card/move parent card automation: 

Unfilled mandatory fields

If the card that should be moved has any unfilled mandatory fields at the time the automation is triggered, it won't be able to move the card. To troubleshoot and make sure that's what's keeping the card from being moved, try moving the card manually. The error message will indicate whether there's an unfilled mandatory field.

Advanced connections options

If the card you're trying to move has a connection to one or more pipes (and connected cards), these advanced options below may prevent your cards from being automatically moved as well. To troubleshoot and make sure that's what's keeping the card from being moved, try moving the card manually.  The error message will indicate whether there's a condition related to a connected card.

For more information, please check out this article. 

Hi! is there any way of permit moving a card with mandatory fields to a specific phase? For exemple: a phase that is configured as a final phase, and is for “lost deals”. I could move the card to this phase even when the mandatory fields are not filled, because it’s a lost deal anyway.

Is there any way of doing this, even with some sort of workaround?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @tobiasbaco ,

Are there mandatory fields in the final phase for lost deals? If it’s only the start form that has mandatory fields, I imagine you’d be able to move the cards to “lost deals” with an automation because the mandatory fields would already be filled out. 

Have you tried setting up the automation to see if it works? Maybe there won’t be a problem.

Userlevel 4

Hi @tobiasbaco ,

Are there mandatory fields in the final phase for lost deals? If it’s only the start form that has mandatory fields, I imagine you’d be able to move the cards to “lost deals” with an automation because the mandatory fields would already be filled out. 

Have you tried setting up the automation to see if it works? Maybe there won’t be a problem.

I’ve found a workaround for this, because I use Integromat for most of the automations that involve Pipefy and Pipedrive. When a card that is connected to a deal must be moved to a phase of “lost deals”, i’ve set up an automation to fill a field that with a condition set hides all the fields on that phase, thus allowing the card to be moved to the “lost deals” phase. 

Anyway @Sarah Lane thank your for your attencion, and have a nice day :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great workaround @tobiasbaco ! Hope you have a nice day and weekend too! :)